On April 14, CCP began detailing the timeline of this year’s Council of Stellar Management (CSM) elections. Much like previous years, the timeline is broken into several parts to give hopeful candidates plenty of time to submit their applications, campaign, and earn your votes for their seat on the Council. If you are interested in running for a seat on the CSM this year, make sure you read the full devblog and follow the instructions!
- April 26 – May 14 – Submission and application processing
- May 20th – Live candidates announcement
- May 20th – June 4th – Campaigning period
- June 8th – June 15th – Voting period
- June 21st – Live CSM16 reveal (likely on CCP’s Twitch channel)
For those unaware, the CSM serves as a focus group, bridging the gap between the EVE community and CCP. They, being active and dedicated players of the game, can give insight that sometimes CCP doesn’t have. Not only that but some CSM representatives bring their and the community’s ideas to CCP and have them implemented into the game in one way or another.
Last year, we hosted 16 of those potential candidates in debates where everyone got to answer questions presented by the panel of hosts on Trash Talk Tuesday as well as questions provided by the EVE Online community. This year will be slightly different as a new panel of hosts will be presenting the debates. However, the community will still be able to ask questions of their potential CSM candidates.
Our timeline for this event is as follows:
- Now – May 20th – CSM candidates can submit their interest using this form.
- May 20th – Announcing the participants in the debates and opening up a form for questions from the community.
- May 22nd – 23rd – Hosting of the CSM16 Debates live on our Twitch channel.
We’re looking to increase participation from last year and have enough candidates to properly utilize the two timeslots we’ve set for the debates. Any candidate with questions about the process can feel free to reach out to Redline directly through Discord and we’ll get them answered for you.